Thursday 8 April 2021

5 minutes of camp...

LI: To recount a 5 minute snapshot of one experience you had at camp


 “3, 2, 1, climb” I was hoping I wasn't going to fall off because I could barely see the huge view in front of me. As I first looked down I overreacted and started to get butterflies in my stomach.

It was my turn to go but I was really scared to climb and walk on the pole, so when I climbed on the first ladder I started to climb up as fast as I could to get up the top. 


When I first arrived up top it was so high that I got the chills because I am scared of heights. The pole that I was walking on was very thin and it was so scary that I started to speed walk to the pole on the other side. My heart was really racing. I thought that was it, until the instructor said to walk backwards halfway and when I did it,  I did not know if I was walking straight or not and I thought it would be a bad idea to do this.


After I made it to the middle I did a dance but I was just hoping I wouldn't fall off at all. Then I was challenged to do a three sixty! I did it but my heart was racing the whole time.


Finally the instructor told me to jump off the pole. I thought that it would be a bad idea but I had no choice so I had to jump off. My heart started to beat hard, I closed my eyes and hoped. When my feet touched the ground my friends and I really knew I had done this. This is an challenge that I will never forget.



Last week we went to camp at Kokako Lodge. My 5 minute snapshot shows my personal voice and I have tried hard to paint a picture with my words to describe what I was doing and how I felt.


2 comments:

  1. Hi Elaario

    I loved reading this because you told us so clearly how you conquered a huge challenge. You described your heart racing, I know exactly how that feels because mine did exactly the same when I did this challenge a few years ago. what advice would you give someone who was about to try the high beam challenge for the first time?

    Mrs A

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia orana Elaario , I loved reading about you 5 mintues of camp snapshot , you explained clearly how you were feeling and how you contribute into a activity it was diffcult to participate but you took a huge risk and took a leap of faith . When reading your 5 mintues of camp it made a clear picture in my head and I felt what you were feeling trying to accomplish your fear , What would you do if someone was afraid to contribute into an activity ? and what you think they are feeling participating into an activity for the firt time ?

    Keep the good work up Elaario youve done an amazing descriptive 5 mintues of camp .

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.